There are a few Windows 11/10 users who are having problems installing any application in the same system. The full error message that they get states the following: 0x80070659 – This Installation is forbidden by system policy, Contact your system administrator. This type of error occurs when other users turn off application installation for the security purpose of their devices. Hence, if you are looking to fix this error code 0x80070659, follow the steps given below in this guide that will help you to sort out the problem.
Fix: 0x80070659 “This Installation is forbidden by system policy” Error (2023)
If you want to fix the error “This Installation is forbidden by system policy 0x80070659” on your Windows 10/11 PC, you will need to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or else turn on the Windows Installer Service. You can check out both the methods listed below which will resolve the error message you are getting on your computer.
How to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- On your Windows 11 computer, press the Start menu and then click on the Settings app to open it.
- Click on System.
- Then click on Troubleshoot.
- Select the option “Other troubleshooters”.
- Now under the Most frequent section, click on Windows Update then click on the Run button.
- Finally, just follow the instructions given on your screen and complete the process. Once it is finished, restart your computer to fix the error 0x80070659 forever.
How to Enable Windows Installer Service
- In the Search bar, type Run and then press the Enter key.
- In the Run dialog box that opens, type services.msc and press the OK button.
- A new Services window will open, here go to the bottom and double-click the option of Windows Installer.
- After that, click the Startup type drop-down menu under Windows Installer and choose the Manual option.
- From the same section, click on the Start button to turn on the service.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the settings and eliminate the error message on your PC.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix “This Installation is forbidden by system policy 0x80070659” on your Windows 11/10 PC. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How to fix SCCM Task Sequence Error 0x8007000F on Windows, and How to fix DirectX “An Internal System Error Occurred”.