Apple has introduced a new feature that will allow users to use Face ID to unlock the iPhone even while wearing a face mask. In this article, you will learn how to use Face ID with a Mask on your iPhone. For the time being, Apple had solved the problem by unlocking with Apple Watch, but those without it had to use the code. Follow the steps given below on how to unlock Face ID with a Mask on your iPhone now.
How to Use Face ID With a Mask on iPhone With iOS 15.4 beta
Apple has released the iOS 15.4 beta version to developers. The latest Apple operating system brings a new feature that allows iOS users to use Face ID with a mask and even without an Apple Watch for authentication.
Until now, iOS users were not able to use Face ID that was not working while wearing a mask. There is a method to unlock iPhone without a Face ID but it doesn’t work most of the time and you also need to own an Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone with a covered face.
Here’s how to use Face ID on iPhone while wearing a Mask:
- First, you will have to install the iOS 15.4 update on your iPhone, which is in developer beta.
- Once you have installed the latest iOS update, you will see a splash screen to use Face ID With a Mask on your iOS device.
- In case, you have opted for “Set up later”, then follow the steps given below.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Then tap on Face ID & Passcode and switch the toggle button to turn on “Use Face ID With a Mask”.
- Now you need to follow the instructions given on your iPhone.
- Just re-register Face ID for use with a Mask again.
- You can also register yourself while wearing glasses the second time. All you need to do is just tap on the Add Glasses button the second time when re-registering the Face ID.
Apple warns that Face ID remains more accurate when the face is fully uncovered. However, since it has often happened in the last couple of years that you need to unlock your iPhone while wearing a face mask, giving an alternative helps. And the fact that it arrived in beta means that the Cupertino company found the accuracy satisfactory during internal testing.
That is everything you need to know about how to use Face ID on iPhone while wearing a mask on iOS 15.4 beta. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How to Unlock Your iPhone with Apple Watch while wearing Face Mask, and How to Unlock Mac with Apple Watch.