The virtual audio assistant Alexa of Amazon helps you to complete minor tasks without a need to touch your device like playing music, reading a notification or picking up a call, and more. The Echo Dot smart speaker that comes with an inbuilt Alexa function is a better alternative for Google Nest or Apple HomePod when you take a look at affordability. Since setting up Amazon Echo Dot on your Android smartphone is a bit different than usual smart speakers, this guide has some tips and tricks to help you out.
Android: Set up Amazon Echo Dot (2023)
On your Android device, to set up Amazon Echo Dot, follow these steps:
- Download the Alexa app from the Google Play Store, on your Android device.
- At the same time, turn on Echo Dot and wait until the blue light turns orange.
- Now open the Alexa app on your device and tap the Hamburger icon from the bottom screen.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon, from the top right corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, select the ‘Add device’ option.
- Select ‘Echo Dot’ and select the generation of Echo Dot you have, from the list of all pairing device options.
- The ‘Echo Dot’ will appear on your screen, tap on it, and the Wi-Fi settings window will open.
- Tap on your smart speaker’s name that looks something like this – Amazon-product’s name.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network to connect to Echo Dot.
- Now choose if you want to select Echo Dot as an external speaker optionally, tap on ‘Yes’ if you want to connect, or tap on ‘No’ to Skip.
- Finally, choose which room you are using Echo Dot for, it is optional, and you can skip this step.
- Echo Dot will be set on your device.
Troubleshoot Setting up Echo Dot
If you are finding errors in setting up your Echo Dot on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Android phone is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Turn off and turn back on your Echo Dot.
- Download the latest version of the Alexa app.
- Reset your Echo dot by following your speaker’s resetting options, as it varies according to the generation.
- Update your device software version.
That’s everything covered on how to set up Amazon Echo Dot on Android devices. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to Reset Google Home Mini or How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to Nintendo Switch.