On Instagram, there are lots of errors that are built to restrict users from certain policy-violating actions, like the ‘Feedback Required’ error. However, avoiding certain mistakes can fix this policy violating errors. But then comes logging errors, such as the ‘Checkpoint required’ on Instagram when you sign in to a new device from a new region. Although, these errors have specific causes and can be fixed easily in a few steps. But when you face errors like ‘There was a problem logging you into Instagram‘, there’s not much information on what’s caused this issue. Only a user can imagine the cause in such a scenario, but worry not, this guide has some easy fixes to help you.
Fix: ‘There was a problem logging you into Instagram’ Error (2023)
The exact cause of the ‘There was a problem logging you into Instagram’ error is unknown, but here are some reasons that might trigger this error message:
- You Deactivated your Instagram account
- Instagram Servers are down
- Tried too many login attempts with invalid credentials on Instagram
- Your account is temporarily suspended by Instagram.
- Instagram Bug
Hence, you can fix this error by following these methods:
1. Reactivate your Instagram Account
If you have recently disabled your Instagram account, you must reactivate it to use it. To reactivate the Instagram account to fix the logging issue, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram website application on your desktop web browser or your mobile phone browser.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and ask for a review.
- If Instagram feels your review request is valid, you will receive an email with further instructions to reactivate your account.
- Although, if you have deleted your Instagram account, you can no longer restore it. You will have to create a new Instagram account in such cases.
- If you haven’t disabled your account recently, you can skip this method and follow the other methods mentioned below.
2. Check if Instagram servers are down
Sometimes when Instagram servers are down, an ‘There was a problem logging you into Instagram’ error occurs. You check the Instagram server status on the down detector website or Instagram’s official Twitter account for updates.
3. Reset Password to fix ‘There was a problem logging to you into Instagram’ Error
If you tried too many login attempts, the error message will prompt up. In such cases, you can reset your password to fix the logging issue on Instagram. To reset your password, follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram account.
- On the login page, tap on the ‘Forgot Password’ link.
- Type your E-mail address or Username in the prompt screen.
- Instagram will E-mail you the instruction link to reset your password.
- Follow the instructions in the E-mail, and type the new password. Confirm it by retyping it on the ‘Confirm Password’ text box and tapping on the ‘Reset password’ option.
- Now try signing in with the new password on Instagram to fix the logging issue.
4. Update the Instagram app
If none of the above methods works, then the error is probably due to the Instagram bug. You can fix this issue by updating your Instagram app from the Google Play Store or Apple app store.
Even after updating the Instagram app, if the error continues, wait for an hour or two and try to log in back. If the error continues, check if there are any emails in your inbox sent by Instagram about suspending your account and check the suspension period. You can apply for review by following the instructions in the mail if you feel you haven’t violated any policy.
That’s everything covered on how to fix the ‘There was a problem logging you into Instagram’ error. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to get a lot of followers on Instagram or How to appear offline on Instagram.