For an Instagram user to be influential or to increase their business, reaching their followers are essential. But to attract new customers from social media on Instagram, there are lots of scams and bots that give you fake followers. This increases your follower count but doesn’t help much in engagement. In fact, Instagram can shadow-ban your account if they find you are increasing followers in a manner that violates their policy. Hence, this guide has some tips and tricks to help you get a lot of followers on Instagram.
Instagram: How to get a lot of followers (2023)
Getting tons of Organic followers on Instagram is difficult, as tackling Instagram’s ever-changing algorithm makes it too hard for a user to formulate a process to reach out to their followers. But you can get a lot of followers on Instagram if you follow these 7 essential points:
- Make Engaging Content
- Change your Account type to either Business or Professional.
- Use Hashtags
- Have a Proper Caption for a Post
- Try Posting more Reels
- Collaborate with other Instagram Creators.
- Run Instagram Ads
1. Make Engaging Content
Believe it or not, unless your content is engaging, no user would like to interact with it. When a user can relate to your content, they share it with their followers, and if the followers want the content, they tend to visit your page and possibly follow it too.
2. Change your Account type to either Business or Professional
If you are running a business or using Instagram for professional purposes, you should change your account type to get the built-in insights feature of the app. This feature helps you in researching more about the content that your followers like. You can analyze those data to improve your content to attract more followers on Instagram. By default, Instagram sets your account type to Personal. You can change it by going to your Account Settings > Switch Account Type > Switch to Business account/ Switch to Professional account.
3. Use Hashtags
Using hashtags is essential because almost 20% of the total reach that your post gains come from them. It is also important that you should use relevant and optimized hashtags to attract niche followers. Also, you must categorize your general niche hashtags and post defining hashtags, e.g., if you run a business of flowers and posted a picture of freshly available, using hashtags like Flowers, Plants, and decorative flowers must be your general niche hashtags, but with that, you should also try hashtag that defines the post like roses, rose or decorative rose.
4. Have a Proper Caption for a Post
Captions with optimized hashtags are the recipe for a good organic follower-reaching post to get a lot of users on Instagram. A caption should define a post in a few words or a paragraph. Although you can type big paragraphs of the caption on the post, we recommend keeping the caption short and crisp, as long captions look boring to read, and followers will easily skip them.
5. Try Posting More Reels
Instagram’s followers can reach the potential audience easily with reels. A 15-second reel with good content can give you more reach than well-optimized posts. We recommend posting a reel per day on your feed to see the changes within weeks. This is the fastest and easiest way to get a lot of followers on Instagram.
6. Collaborate with other Instagram Creators
Collaborating with other creators on Instagram, makes even their audience watch your content. This also increases networking and engagement increases organically as the audience gets to see some collaborative and creative content.
7. Run Instagram Ads
If the above methods fail to get followers, running your post ad on Instagram can help you reach potential customers. You can run the Instagram Ads only if you switched to the Business or the Professional account. Once you switched your account type, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile account and tap on the post from the grid to open the post.
- Tap on the ‘Boost Post’ button in the bottom-right corner of the post.
- Follow the procedure and customize your reach by selecting the location, age, and other given options.
- Select the price range and the number of days you want to run the ads.
- Follow the payment instruction and pay the amount to start running the ads.
- Note that even after setting the goal and running an ad on Instagram can’t guarantee to get people to follow you unless your content is genuinely good. Instagram just shows your post to Instagram users, and the users who like your content will follow you when you advertise.