Apple recently launched a Dynamic Island feature in its new iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Apple users are finding it pretty useful because of its intelligent, small and interactive nature. In this article, we’ll see what Dynamic Island is, what it does, and how to use it on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
What is Dynamic Island & How To Use It?
Dynamic Island is a small bar that surrounds your face camera in iPhone 14 series smartphone. It shows you notifications and alerts of several things. Such as the AirPod being connected, voice memos, music player, timer, direction, incoming calls, alarms, charging, and so on. It even splits into two parts when more than one alert or notification has to be placed on the screen. As for why it is called a Dynamic Island, that’s probably due to its small design that looks like an island in the ocean of display. It will open every time you unlock your phone.
- Let’s assume that it’s showing music playback, touch and hold it for a few seconds, and it will expand to a box.
- Where you’ll see a pause, next, previous buttons, the name of the song that is playing, and the small picture icon of the album.
- Now, let’s split it by adding another activity, as example, let’s scroll and open the control panel and set a timer from the clock icon.
- Go back to the home screen, on the upper part of your screen, you’ll see that Dynamic Island has now been divided into two parts.
- Click and hold on to the second part of it, which looks like a clock, you’ll see a pause, cancel, and timer in it.
- Click anywhere on the screen to minimize those notifications and alerts to the original island size.
- Now, if you want the notification to take you to the app or notifications full page, just double tap on your Dynamic Island area.
In this article, you saw what Dynamic Island is, what it does, and how to use it on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Looking for more such guides, check out How to Take Screenshots in iPhone 14 and How to Preorder iPhone 14 Pro.