There are some users who have reported that they get Windows Update error 0x8024401c on their Windows 10 PC. This error usually happens when there is any internet connection error that is unable to reach the Windows Update servers, or it can even happen when there are any corrupt system files in your computer, etc. So, to solve this issue, in this guide, you will learn how to fix the Windows Update error code 0x8024401c below.
Fix: Windows Update Error 0x8024401c (2023)
There are many ways to fix the Windows Update error 0x8024401c. You can either try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupt system files in Windows 10 PC, or else you can clear the temporary cache folders of Windows Update. All you need to do is just follow the steps given below to fix this error code.
Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
- First, click on the Search bar icon and then type Command Prompt or CMD.
- From the top list, select Command Prompt and run it in administrator mode.
- A new CMD window will pop up, here you just need to type the command mentioned below:
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Wait for the process to complete and then exit the CMD window.
- Finally, restart your PC and check that the error is resolved.
Clear Temporary Cache Folder of Windows Update
- First of all, in the Search box type Run.
- Open the Run app from the top list.
- Type this text in the search bar – %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore.
- Click ok or you can even press Enter key.
- In the new window that opens, you just have to select all the files or press Ctrl + A keys together.
- After selecting all the files, simply delete them and also clean the Recycle Bin as well.
- Finally, exit all the programs and then try to reinstall the Windows Updates again to fix the error code.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix the Windows Update Error Code 0x8024401c. If you are looking for similar types of Windows Update Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides only on TechNClub.com: How to fix Windows 10 Update KB5017308 Fails to Install, and How to fix Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 Error 0x80080008.