By placing the Apple Watch Series 8 on your wrist, you gain, in addition to thousands and all the possibilities of resources and functions that the device offers, an enormous practicality to quickly and safely unlock your Mac. In a way, your Apple smartwatch can act as a key to access your Mac OS without you having to enter the passcode. In this guide, I will show you how to unlock your MacBook with Apple Watch Series 8 in detail below.
Apple Watch Series 8: How to Unlock MacBook (2023)
In order to unlock your MacBook with Apple Watch Series 8, you are going to need three things. You’ll need to have your unlocked Mac in front of you, and you’ll also need to have your unlocked iPhone and Apple Watch next to you, so the Mac can detect the watch through your phone. If you meet these requirements, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- With your iPhone and Apple Watch unlocked, you first need to log into your Mac, to the macOS Home screen or Desktop.
- There, click on the Apple icon in the upper left to open the options menu.
- In this menu that opens, click on the System Preferences option to enter the macOS settings.
- The window with System Preferences will open, where all the macOS options are organized in different sections. In it, you have to click on the Security and Privacy section, which will appear with the icon of a safe in the shape of a house.
- When you enter the Security and Privacy window, the first thing you have to do is click on the General tab, although it is normal to go to it directly.
- Within this General tab, activate or enable or Turn ON the option “Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac” that will appear at the bottom.
- When you tap on this option, macOS will ask you to enter the administrator password, which is the same one you use to unlock your Mac.
- That’s it, after you type your password, you can use Apple Watch Series 8 to unlock your Mac.
From now on, when you open your Mac and go to the unlock screen, your computer will look to see if you have an unlocked Apple Watch on your wrist and if so it will confirm that you’re nearby and sign you in without you having to do anything else.
That is all you need to know about how to unlock your MacBook with Apple Watch Series 8. If you are interested in more Apple Watch Series 8 Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides only on our website TechNClub.com: How to Turn Off/On Power Reserve Mode on Apple Watch Series 8, How to Remove Photos from Apple Watch Series 8.