While trying to install new apps on your Windows operating system, there are chances that certain errors could happen every now and then. One such error message occurs when installing new programs on your PC that says “The installer has insufficient privileges to access the directory C:\Users\Public\Desktop\. The installation cannot continue. Log on as Administrator or contact you system administrator.” If you are facing a similar kind of error, check out this guide to fix the problem you are facing on your computer.
Fix: “The Installer Has Insufficient Privileges to Access this Directory” Error (2023)
You can easily fix “The Installer Has Insufficient Privileges to Access this Directory” error on your Windows 10/11 PC by giving full permission to the setup file folder of the application or else by running the setup file as an administrator. Below you will find out both methods to get rid of the error message you are facing on your computer.
How to give Full Permission to the Setup File Folder of the Application
- First of all, open File Explorer and go to this path – C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ (or any other path/location which is giving you the error)
- Now, you have to right-click on the folder of the application and click the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- On the top, click on the Security tab.
- Then click on Edit.
- Now, click on Add.
- You need to type Everyone in the space given for typing the names.
- After that click on the “Check Names” button and click OK.
- Tick the checkbox for the option “Full Control” which will be located in the list of permissions for Everyone.
- Finally, click on Apply and then click Continue on each pop-up window and then click OK to fix the error message you are getting.
How to Run the Setup as an Administrator
- First, right-click on the Start menu.
- Then click on File Explorer to open it.
- Now, find the installer file of the application that is giving you an error message.
- Right-click on the same installer file and choose the option of “Run as administrator”.
- That’s it, the application will not be installed on your PC without any errors.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix “The Installer Has Insufficient Privileges to Access this Directory” error on your Windows 11/10 PC. If you are looking for similar types of Windows 11/10 Guides, check out our other articles only on TechNClub.com: How to fix Windows Error Reporting Event ID 1001, and How to fix “Your Computer Is Low on Memory” Error on Windows.