The iPhone X series smartphones, released in 2017 by Apple, are the successor of the iPhone 8 series models. This new generation iPhone came with lots of changes. However, there’s one feature for which users are still trying to find the answer the ultra-wide angle lens, also referred to as 0.5 camera, which most of the new generation iPhone models possess. Hence, to know if iPhone X model phones have a 0.5 Camera, this guide will help you.
iPhone X: Does it have a 0.5 Camera? (2023)
The iPhone X does not have a 0.5 Camera feature. However, it has a dual-lens camera system, consisting of a wide-angle lens and a telephoto lens, both with 12 megapixels resolution. But, it isn’t enough to take wide-angle photos like iPhone 11 or 12.
What does 0.5 Camera mean?
0.5 is the measure of aperture size, which is the opening that lets light into the camera, and it is measured in f-stops. iPhone X has a variable aperture on its rear camera, which can switch between f/1.8 and f/2.4 depending on the lighting conditions. While the front camera has a fixed aperture of f/2.2. This means that iPhone X cannot have a 0.5 Camera, as its aperture size never goes below f/1.8 on its rear camera and f/2.2 on its front camera.
iPhone X Camera Features
Even though iPhone X doesn’t have wide angle Camera feature, it doesn’t mean it has a bad camera as it still has other features that make it a great smartphone for photography like:
- Optical image stabilization (OIS) technology to reduce blur caused by shaky hands or movements.
- Dual rear cameras with wide-angle and telephoto lenses, which allow for optical zoom and portrait mode.
- TrueDepth front camera with Face ID and Animoji, which enable facial recognition and animated emojis.
- Quad-LED flash with slow sync, which provides better lighting and color balance in low-light situations.
- HDR (high dynamic range) technology that combines multiple exposures creating images with more detail and contrast.
- 4K video recording at 60 frames per second (fps), which offers smooth and sharp videos with high resolution.
Hence, the iPhone X camera is still very capable and versatile, but if you want to take ultra-wide angle photos or videos, you will need a newer iPhone model, such as the iPhone 11 or 12 series, which have a third lens with a 0.5x zoom factor and a 120-degree field of view.
Hope you got the answer to whether iPhone X has a 0.5X Camera or not. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to take click long-exposure photo on iPhone 14 Camera or How to fix iPhone 13 Camera blinking issue.