If you are trying to install Photoshop on your MacBook and encounter an error code 183, you are not alone. Many users have reported this issue, especially on the new MacBook with Apple Silicon processors. This error indicates problems with launching or registering applications or files during the installation process. Fortunately, there are some possible solutions that you can try to fix this error and install Photoshop successfully, and this guide will help you with it.
Fix: Photoshop error code 183 on MacBook (2023)
To fix the Photoshop error 183 on your MacBook, follow these steps:
1: Install Rosetta 2
Rosetta 2 is a software that allows apps designed for Intel-based Macs to run on Apple Silicon Macs. Some Adobe apps may require Rosetta 2 to work properly on the new MacBook. If Rosetta 2 is not installed, you may encounter error 183 when installing Photoshop. Hence, to install Rosetta 2 software for an app, follow these steps:
- First, open Finder and go to Applications > Photoshop > then open the Photoshop folder and click the Photoshop application within the folder.
- Then hold the ‘Control’ button on your keyboard and click the ‘Get Info’ option.
- Click the ‘Open with Rosetta’ checkbox.
- Now try installing Photoshop again.
2: Install an Older Version of Photoshop
Some users have reported that they were able to install an older version of Photoshop without encountering error 183. This may be because the latest version of Photoshop has some compatibility issues with Apple Silicon Macs that need to be fixed by Adobe. To install an older version of Photoshop, you can follow these steps:
- First, open the Creative Cloud desktop app and go to Apps.
- Then, find Photoshop and click the three dots icon next to it.
- Select the ‘Other versions’ option and choose a version older than the current one, such as 24.1.1 or 24.0.
- Then click the Install button.
- Note that you may need to uninstall the current version of Photoshop first if it is already partially installed.
3: Uninstall Third-party Antivirus software
If you have installed third-party antivirus software, especially the Segurazo Antivirus software, you might get error code 183. Hence, you might need to uninstall these antivirus software and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open the Finder window and select the ‘Applications’ option from the sidebar.
- Now find the app you want to remove and drag it to the trash.
- Finally, open the ‘Trash’ app and select the ‘Empty Trash’ option.
That’s everything covered on how to fix Photoshop error 183 on MacBook. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to fix the unexpectedly signed out of Adobe application or membership error or How to install Adobe apps in Tiny 11.