If you own an Apple AirTag, you know how useful it can be to keep track of your belongings. But what if you lost your AirTag in your house? Fortunately, there are some ways to find it using your iPhone or other Apple devices and this guide will help you with it.
AirTag: How to Find it if You Lost it in Your House?
If you lost AirTag in your house or somewhere else, follow these steps to find it:
1. Use Find My
- Firstly, make sure you have the Find My app installed on your iPhone and that you have enabled the Location Services and Bluetooth settings.
- Then, open the app and tap the Items tab.
- You should see a list of all your AirTags and their locations on a map.
- Tap on the AirTag that you want to find, then tap the ‘Find’ button.
- The app will show you the distance and direction to your AirTag using a feature called Precision Finding. This feature uses the Ultra Wideband technology in your iPhone and AirTag to provide accurate guidance.
- You will see an arrow pointing to your AirTag and a message telling you how far away it is.
- Follow the arrow until you get close enough to hear your AirTag beep.
2. Use Play Sound Feature
If you don’t see the Find option or the arrow, it means that your AirTag is out of range or not connected to your iPhone. In that case, you can try these steps:
- Firstly, move around to different locations and check the app again. Your AirTag might reconnect to your iPhone if you get closer to it.
- If your AirTag connects to your iPhone, tap the ‘Play Sound’ option in the app to make your AirTag play a sound.
- You might hear it if you are nearby or if someone else finds it and picks it up.
3. Use Lost Mode
If the above steps fail, and you think you might have lost your AirTag in some other place other than your house, you can enable the Lost Mode, and here’s how you can do it:
- Firstly, open the Find My app and tap the Items tab.
- Then tap the Lost Mode in the app to lock your AirTag and display a message with your phone number on it. This way, if someone finds your AirTag, they can contact you and return it to you.
- Additionally, tap the ‘Notify When Found’ button to get a notification when your AirTag is located by the Find My network.
- This network consists of millions of Apple devices that can detect your AirTag and send its location to you anonymously and securely.