There are many users who have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and are having an error related to ene.sys where the complete message states “A driver can’t load on this device” issue. This problem can also occur on your Windows 10 operating system. What happens is that there are some drivers that will not load due to this error on your Windows system and then you get the dreaded error message. In this guide, we will tell you how to fix this error on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC in detail below.
Fix: “ene.sys: A driver cannot load on this device” Error on Windows (2023)
There are several solutions to fix the “ene.sys: A driver cannot load on this device” error on your Windows 11/10 PC. All you need to do is just uninstall the recent Windows Update that you have installed or else you can even run the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter which is in-built into your system. Below you will find both methods to eliminate the error you are facing on your computer.
Uninstall Recently Installed Windows Update
- In the Search bar, type Control Panel.
- From the top list, click on Control Panel to open it.
- After that click on Programs under Control Panel.
- Under Programs and Features on the right side, click on View installed updates.
- You will come across a list of recently installed Windows Updates on your PC, just right-click on the latest one and click Uninstall.
- Finally, once the uninstallation is finished, restart your PC to resolve the ene.sys error message you are getting.
Run Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter
- First of all, in the Search bar type CMD.
- From the top list, right-click on Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option.
- In the new CMD window, type the command mentioned below and press Enter key:
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- A new window will open, here click on Next and follow the instructions given on the screen to fix the issue.
- That’s it, this will fix the error message related to ene.sys from your computer.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix “ene.sys: A driver cannot load on this device” error message on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. If you are interested in more Windows 10 and Windows 11 Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides only on TechNClub.com: How to fix Windows Error Reporting Event ID 1001, and How to fix ACPI BIOS Error on Windows.