Update: Here is a permanent solution for Elden Ring’s white screen crashing issue by just playing the game on DX11 GPU – How To Play Elden Ring With DirectX 11 GPU.
Original: Now that the most anticipated game of FromSoftware, Elden Ring, has been released on gaming consoles and PC, many players are looking forward to a hands-on on the game. However, there may be some performance problems with Elden Ring, like all other game releases. It seems that many players who are trying to launch the game are having an issue with the white screen crashing on launch. So, in this guide, we will try to explain how to fix Elden Ring white screen crash issue on PC.
How to Fix Elden Ring White Screen Crashing Issue on PC
We have found various solutions that you can try to fix the Elden Ring white screen crashing issue on your PC. Some of them will work while others might not work for you. However, it is best to try out all the solutions given below that may be able to fix the Elden Ring white screen on launch issue.
Method 1: Removing the Latest Patch 1.02.1
Recently, Elden Ring received the latest patch 1.02.1 version for PC and PS5. It seems that many players who have downloaded and installed this patch immediately started getting white screen crashing problems. So, it will be good to uninstall or remove this patch once and for all, until a new patch/update is deployed again to fix the Elden Ring white screen launch issue. You can even try to reinstall the game from scratch and do not update to the latest patch 1.02.1 version and see if that corrects the problem.
Method 2: Deleting Files from Temporary Folder
The second solution would be to delete everything from your temporary folder on your Windows PC. To do that follow the steps given below.
- Click on the Search bar.
- Type %temp% in the Search bar.
- From the list, open the %temp% folder.
- Press CTRL + A to select everything from the Temporary folder and press the Delete key to remove all the files from the same folder.
Method 3: Remove Discord and Steam Overlay
You can also try to fix the Elden Ring white screen crashing issue by disabling overlays from Discord and Steam. Here are the steps.
- Launch Discord app and go to User Settings.
- On the right side menu, you will find “Streamer Mode”, just disable it.
- Under the same menu, you will also find Game Overlay, simply disable this option as well.
- Launch Steam on your PC.
- Click on Steam on the top menu bar, and then go to Settings.
- Under the Settings menu, click on “In-game” which is located on the left side.
- Just uncheck the option for “Enable the Steam overlay while in-game”.
You can also check out more solutions for fixing this white screen crashing issue of Elden Ring in the video below.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix Elden Ring white screen crash on PC. In the meantime, check out our other guides on How to Fix God Of War D3D_Feature_Level 11_1 Error, and How to Fix Dying Light 2 Error “Currently your game purchase cannot be re-validated”.