Apple, at WWDC 2022, introduced the world to many new updates to their different operating systems. It also includes the watchOS 9 Developer Beta that everyone has been longing for. Do you want to try this new update on your Apple Watch too? Let us show you how to download and install watchOS 9 Developer Beta on Apple Watch.
Requirements to Install watchOS 9 Developer Beta on Apple Watch
Before proceeding, you must meet these requirements to install the watchOS 9 Developer Beta:
An Apple Watch Compatible With watchOS 9
Any Apple Watch from series 4 onwards is compatible with the watchOS 9.
An Apple Developer Account
You must create an Apple Developer Account worth $99/year to download any developer beta.
iOS 16 Developer Beta on Your iPhone
Download and Install iOS 16 Developer Beta on your iPhone to get watchOS 9 on your Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Backup
It is wise to backup your Apple Watch beforehand just to be safe from any trouble.
How to Download watchOS 9 Developer Beta on Apple Watch
Follow these steps to download the watchOS 9 Developer Beta on your Apple Watch:
- On your iPhone, log in to your Apple Developer Account.
- Select Discover > watchOS.
- Tap ‘Download’.
- Tap Install Profile > Allow > Install.
- Enter your iPhone’s password.
- Tap ‘Install’.
- You will see a prompt asking to restart your Apple Watch. Tap ‘Restart’.
This will download the watchOS 9 Developer Beta to your Apple Watch and once it restarts, you can continue further.
How to Install watchOS 6 Developer Beta on Apple Watch
Now, you just have to update your Apple Watch like you normally do. Follow these steps to install watchOS 9 Developer Beta on your Apple Watch:
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select My Watch > General > Software Update.
- Select ‘Download and Install’.
- Type in your passcode.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
- A prompt will ask you to reboot your Apple Watch. Tap ‘Reboot’ to install watchOS 9 Developer Beta on your Apple Watch.
That’s it! This is the process to upgrade your Apple Watch to watchOS 9 Developer Beta. When your Apple Watch boots up, you will see watchOS 9 beta version running on it. Try going through our other guides on the Apple Watch: How to Download and Install watchOS 8.7 Beta on Apple Watch and How to Use Apple Watch to Make/Accept or Mute a Call.