Threads is a microblogging app powered by Instagram. You can quote, repost, or respond to other user’s posts on Threads which makes it a fascinating platform to use. However, being the app is new, there are many bug issues and privacy concerns among the users. So, users are curious to know if they can delete their Threads account or not. Hence, in this guide, we got you some interesting solutions to delete your Threads account.
How to Delete or Deactivate Threads Account?
Threads are connected to your Instagram account. So, if you delete your Threads account even your Instagram account will be deleted. Meta is currently working on a solution to help users delete their accounts with ease. However, for now, you can deactivate your Threads account temporarily, and here’s how you can do it on your Android or iOS device:
- Firstly, open the Threads app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Then tap the profile tab from the bottom of the screen to open your profile.
- Now tap the two lines icon in the top right corner of the screen to open Settings.
- Then tap the ‘Account’ tab and select the ‘Deactivate Profile’ tab.
- Finally, tap the ‘Deactivate Threads Profile’ button and confirm your choice by tapping the ‘Deactivate’ button again.
- Your Profile will be deactivated temporarily.
Delete Instagram Account
If you want to permanently delete your Threads account, you can delete your Instagram account, this way you will even lose your Instagram account so use this method only if you don’t need your Instagram and Threads account, here’s how you can delete the Instagram account on your Android or iOS device:
- Open the Instagram and go to your profile page.
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner of the screen and select the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option.
- On the Settings screen tap on Accounts Center and the Meta Accounts Center will open.
- Then tap the ‘Personal Details’ tab under the Accounts Settings.
- Now tap the ‘Account ownership and control’ tab.
- Then tap the ‘Deactivation or deletion’ tab and select your Instagram account.
- Select the ‘Delete account’ option and tap the Continue button.
- Provide your reason for deleting your account and tap the ‘Continue’ button.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions and your account will be deleted.
That’s everything covered on how to delete the Treads account. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to block and unblock profiles on the Threads app or How to import your Instagram profile on the Threads app.