In the last month of September 2022, Apple Watch Series 8 was finally released for fans of the smartwatch. Since it is a wearable device, it is bound to have limited storage space for music, apps, etc. In fact, the Apple Watch Series 8 only has 32 GB of internal memory or storage space, which tends to fill up pretty soon. Therefore, if you think that your Apple Watch Series 8 is getting out of storage space, check out this guide that will help you out.
Apple Watch Series 8: How to Clear or Free Up Storage (2023)
There are several ways to free up some storage on your Apple Watch, you can either do that by using the inbuilt Watch app on your iPhone or you can even clear the storage directly on the Apple Watch, just follow the steps given below.
1. Free Up Storage on Apple Watch Using Your iPhone
- On your iPhone, tap on the Watch app to open it.
- Go into the My Watch tab.
- Navigate to the bottom and select the “Installed on Apple Watch” option.
- Then, tap on any app that you want to remove.
- For example, tap on Spotify if you want to remove it.
- Tap on the toggle button “Show App on Apple Watch” to switch it off on the next screen.
- Finally, go to the previous screen and you will notice that the same Spotify app will be listed in the “Available Apps” section at the bottom of the screen, this means that the app is removed from the Apple Watch and you can reinstall it anytime you want.
2. Remove Apps directly from Apple Watch
- On your Apple Watch, press down the Digital Crown.
- It will take you to the Home Screen.
- Locate the app icon that you want to delete.
- Now you have to press down on the icon until the screen starts to shake.
- Next, you need to tap the “X” button that will be located on the left side of the app’s icon.
- Finally, tap on the “Delete App” option to confirm the removal of the app.
That’s all there is to know about how to clear or free up Apple Watch Series 8 storage space. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How To Tell Which Apple Watch Version or Series or Model You Have, and How to Set an Alarm on Apple Watch.