Apple has recently released the final version of macOS 13 Ventura. The new operating system of Mac comes with many features such as Continuity Camera to use your iPhone as a Mac webcam, Stage Manager to organize apps and windows automatically, etc. Now, there are many people who are wondering whether this new macOS operating system will be supported by their Mac notebooks or not. Worry not, as in this guide, I will tell you how to check macOS Ventura is compatible with your Mac system in detail below.
macOS Ventura: How to Check It Is Compatible with your Mac
If you want to know whether your macOS Ventura is compatible with your Mac, it is important to check which model of the Mac you are having. By getting this information, it will be easy to estimate if your Mac notebooks can support the latest version of the macOS Ventura operating system.
Here’s how to check which Mac model you are having:
- On the top left corner of your Mac desktop, click on the Apple logo.
- A drop-down menu will appear, here you need to click on the About This Mac option.
- You will come across a dialog box that will show you all the details on your Mac model number, specs, etc.
- In the same box, you will also find which macOS operating system is installed on your Mac laptop.
Will Your Mac Run macOS Ventura?
You will be glad to know that the latest operating system of macOS Ventura is supported on many Mac models that used to run the previous OS or macOS Monterey. Check out the official list of Mac models below that is compatible with macOS Ventura below:
- MacBook (2017 and later)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019 and later)
- MacBook Pro (2017 and later)
- MacBook Air (2018 and later)
- iMac Pro
- iMac (2017 and later)
Below are the Mac models that will not be able to run macOS Ventura, even though it is compatible with macOS Monterey:
- MacBook (2016 model)
- Mac Pro (2013 model)
- Mac mini (2014 models)
- MacBook Pro (2015 and 2016 models)
- MacBook Air (models from 2015 and 2017 models)
- iMac (models from 2015)
That concludes this guide about how to check macOS Ventura is compatible with your Mac. If you are interested in more macOS Ventura Tips and Tricks, do check our other guides only on TechNClub.com: How to Use Stage Manager in macOS Ventura, and macOS Ventura New Features and Changes.