There are plenty of useful materials and items that can be crafted using various resources in Minecraft. Similar to a Furnace, you can craft and use a Blast Furnace to smelt ores, raw metals, metal Armor, and other tools. And the best part? A Blast Furnace can smelt these items twice as fast as a normal Furnace. But as players try to smelt their gear with double the speed, they are confused about its crafting recipe.
Don’t worry, check out our guide on how to make a Blast Furnace in Minecraft with the crafting recipe and its uses. So, here’s everything you need to know.
Minecraft Blast Furnace Recipe
You can build a Blast Furnace using the following crafting ingredients:
- 5 Iron Ingots – Get it by smelting Iron Ore in the Furnace.
- 3 Smooth Stones – Get it by smelting regular stones.
- 1 Furnace – To craft a Furnace, place eight cobblestones in the Crafting Table leaving the middle slot empty.
So, follow the below steps to craft a Blast Furnace in Minecraft:
- Open the Crafting table with a 3×3 Crafting grid. If you haven’t crafted it yet, place four wood planks in the 2×2 Crafting grid to build one.
- Place three Iron Ingots on the top row of the Crafting table.
- Put one Iron ingot in the first and third slots of the middle row.
- You must place a Furnace in the center of the middle row.
- Then, place three Smooth Stones on the bottom row to craft a Blast Furnace.
How to Use a Blast Furnace
You can use a Blast Furnace in Minecraft for smelting various items with twice the time taken by a normal Furnace. But note that you must place double the fuel to activate the Blast Furnace. For putting items into it, you can use a Hopper to feed items into it. Once you place the item and the fuel, you can find it as “lit” with fire indicated in the menu.
In addition to that, you can also use a Blast Furnace to make a villager an Armorer. For that, you can approach a villager in the village with no profession. Unlike a normal Furnace, you cannot smelt food using a Blast Furnace.
That’s all covered about this topic. If you found this guide helpful, check out how to craft a Bed, how to make a Brewing Stand, and explore more Minecraft Guides in our dedicated section right here on Technclub.