If you don’t prefer to play solo in Helldivers 2, some in-game aspects like matchmaking, public lobbies, and completing missions with friends can be a joyride. The more dangerous missions you embark on, the easier you can clear them with the cooperation of your teammates. But as the open beta doesn’t explain the in-game multiplayer features, many players are a bit confused about joining their friends or creating a new match. Don’t worry, check out our guide on how to matchmake and join public games in Helldivers 2. So, here’s everything you need to know about.
How to Matchmake and Join Public Games in Helldivers 2
Before we start matchmaking or joining other players, ensure that you have enabled a few in-game settings. You might have accidentally turned it off. So, here’s where you can navigate:
- Head to Menu > Options > Gameplay > Toggle the Matchmaking privacy to the public (if it isn’t).
Once the setting is enabled, there are three ways to matchmake and join public games in Helldivers 2. They are as follows:
- Quick Play
- Join Missions with Squad Spots
- Using Beacon Stratagum
So, let’s delve into all the above methods in more detail:
- You can head towards the Galactic War table using the Quick Play option.
- As you head there, you will find a big list of players that have activated their SOS beacons.
- You can simply click on any of the active players to join them for a session.
- On the other hand, you can simply wait for someone to join your lobby.
- Considering your Helldivers 2 matchmaking privacy is set to public, anyone can join you.
Join Missions with Squad Spots
- Secondly, you can also select a planet for any missions that feature squad spots.
- If it does, a white icon will appear on the map allowing you to reach there more safely.
- When you click this icon, you will find all of its data or info. This mainly includes the player’s name and level.
- Alternatively, you can also join the mission and assist them during the match.
Using Beacon Stratagem
- If none of the above methods worked out for you, we recommend using the Beacon Stratagem during missions.
- This allows other players to join that match and help you out. When those players head to the matchmaking list, they can find your profile.
- You can use it when the odds are against you or when the squad is almost full.
That’severything covered about how to matchmake and join public games in Helldivers 2. If you found this guide helpful, check out our guides to find out how to play crossplay, how to change your ship name, and explore more Gaming-related guides in our dedicated section right here on TechnClub.