If you have recently started Baldur’s Gate 3 or looked up about it, you must have found out that there are only 3 Acts in this game. While that might look like a small number, the amount of things you can do in them doubles or at times even triples the time you will need to complete everything. So using a checklist for Act 1 is almost vital as you don’t want to miss out on the crucial stuff.
This not only includes main quests which you have to do anyway if you plan on progressing through the game’s main story. But also includes a plethora of side activities. These are good as they help you learn more about the lore and some side characters. Furthermore, you can get some useful weapons, extra loot, and more XP. So here is everything you should do before you move on to Act 2 of the game.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 Main Quests Checklist
- Escape the Nautiloid
- Rescue the Illithid’s Captive
- Find a Cure
- Ask the Goblin Priestess for Help
- Find the Githyanki Creche
- Get Help from Auntie Ethel
- Get Help from Healer Nettie
- Help Omeluum Investigate the Parasite
- Rescue the Druid Halsin
- Save the Refugees
- Reach Moonrise Towers
BG3 Recommended Activities & Side Quests List for Act 1
- Beat Commander Zhalk – Defeating him gets you the Everburn blade.
- Recruit Shadowheart (Companion) – First save her in ship then wake her up after crash.
- Recruit Astarion (Companion) – Find Astarion.
- Recruit Gale (Companion) – Free Gale.
- Recruit Lae’zel (Companion) – Free Lae’zel.
- Recruit Wyll (Companion) – Meet Wyll at Druid Grove.
- Recruit Karlach (Companion) – Find Karlach.
- Find Withers (Let’s you respec) – Can be found in the Dank Crypt.
- Finish the Masterwork Weapon (One of the stronger early-game weapons).
- Let Volo Perform The Eye Surgery (Gives you the ability to see invisible enemies).
- Loot Everything You Come Across (A good way to collect gold early on).
Of course, there is a lot more that you can do for side quests in this game, but these are just some things that you shouldn’t miss out on.
That’s it for the Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 checklist for main quests and best side quests and activities. Since you are interested in this game you should also check out our other guides on how to play with friends and where you can find Gortash.