There are many Windows 11 users who are complaining about games when played in fullscreen mode randomly minimizing. The same issue also occurs when the CTRL key is pressed mistakenly. Then they either have to press ALT+TAB or click on the game icon on the taskbar, which returned for a time. This happens with a few Steam games but from time to time it crashes to other games when minimized. So, how can one solve this issue? In this guide, we will tell you how to stop Windows 11 from minimizing games when the CTRL key is pressed or during random times below.
Fix: Windows 11 from Minimizing Games When CTRL Key is Pressed
You can easily try to fix or stop Windows 11 from minimizing games when the CTRL key is pressed or during random times by turning of the Game Mode, follow the steps below that will solve the issue once and for all.
Disable Game Mode in Windows 11
Game Mode is a Windows 11 feature that tries to free up resources and give it to whatever game you are running. It’s not proven to work, but players use it anyway in hopes of gaining the best possible experience. Chances are you are using Game Mode right now, and that could be causing the fullscreen error. To disable it, follow the steps below:
- First of all, click on the Start button.
- Then press Settings to open it.
- In the Settings window that opens, select Gaming.
- If it is not there, then type Game Mode in the Search bar and click on it from the results to open the same option.
- Finally, click on the toggle button to turn off Game Mode.
Other Methods: Update Graphics Drivers
There might also be problems related to the corruption of the graphics driver installed on your Windows 11 PC for the graphics card. Just try to update your graphics card driver, it’s a simple matter. Follow the steps below to update your GPU drivers:
- Just click the Cortana or Search button and type, Device Manager.
- When it opens, search for your graphics card and click on it.
- The next step is to right-click on the driver and select Update Driver from the options.
- Finally, select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and once the installation is finished, restart the PC to take effect and solve the game minimizing issue.
That is everything you need to know about how to stop Windows 11 from minimizing games when the CTRL key is pressed. While you are here, you might be also interested to know similar types of Windows 11 Troubleshooting Guides, only on our website TechNClub.com: How to fix Madden NFL 24 ‘Secure Boot is not enabled’ Windows 11 Error, and How to find Lost or Forgotten Windows 11 Login PIN.