While using Windows 11 Mail app, if one or more of the emails are showing as an HTLM code, do not worry, as we have got you covered in this article. It could be really frustrating to read the emails in HTML code, as it can be hardly read by anyone. This type of issue normally happens if your operating system is not updated with the latest Windows Updates. Therefore, to solve this issue, in this guide, I will tell you how to fix Windows 11 Mail App emails appearing in raw HTLM data.
Fix: Windows 11 Mail App Showing HTML Code for Emails
In order to fix the Windows 11 Mail App emails showing in raw HTML code or data, you can try to update to the latest Windows Updates first of all. However, if this doesn’t fix the issue, then you should try the solutions given below such as Repairing or Resetting the Mail App, or else Disable or Re-enable Mail Sync.
How to Repair or Reset Mail App on Windows 11
- First of all, click on the Start menu, then type Mail in the Search box.
- On the first result that you get (Mail it should be), right-click on it and select App settings.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page in the new window that opens, and select Reset first.
- Once the reset process is finished, click on the Repair button.
- Finally, when the repair process is finished, it will fix the email problem showing as HTML code.
How to Disable and Re-Enable Mail Sync on Windows 11
- First, you have to launch the Mail app on Windows 11.
- Click on the gear icon which is located below the Mail app on the left side.
- Then click on the Manage Accounts menu on the right side.
- Now you need to click on your email account.
- Then click on its Settings.
- After that, select the option “Change mailbox sync settings”.
- A new window will pop up, here you need to turn off the toggle for Email under Sync options, and then re-enable it again after a couple of minutes.
- That’s it, this will re-sync your email in the Mail app and fix the HTML issue.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix Windows 11 Mail App emails appearing in raw HTML data or code. In the meantime, do not forget to check out our other guides here: How to fix Computer Restarts After Coming from Sleep Mode on Windows 11, and How to fix “Your IT Administrator Has Limited Access” Error on Windows.