In an era where contact with other people is limited to a screen, due to lockdowns happening in most countries every now and then (because of Corona Virus or some other flu), it can be useful to use our iPhone as a real webcam to connect to PC’s and Mac’s. Because seeing each other on larger screens is certainly more beautiful. Hence, in this tutorial, I am going to show you how to use your iPhone 14 camera as a webcam in the simple steps below.
How to use your iPhone 14 Camera as a Webcam (2023)
During the lockdown period and with more and more people forced to stay at home, the webcam has become a frequently used tool not only to keep in touch with loved ones but also to participate in video conferences with colleagues and customers. If you don’t have one, the Apple smartphone is a valid alternative. Check out the steps below to use your iPhone 14 camera as a webcam.
How to use iPhone as a Webcam via the EpocCam app
On the App Store, there are several applications that turn the iPhone into a webcam, but the one we recommend is EpocCam. Not only it is easy to set up, but it’s also perfectly compatible with Macs and Windows PCs.
The free version of EpocCam shows some advertising and an occasional watermark, but in terms of functions, there are no particular differences with the paid version (if not the quality limited to 640×480 at 30 fps, against the full HD 1080p of the premium version). Additionally, EpocCam works with all iPhones and iPads capable of running iOS 10.3 or later. For Windows users, a solid option is iVCam.
Here are the steps to use EpocCam for turning your iPhone camera into a Webcam:
- First of all, download the EpocCam app from the App Store on your iPhone 14
- Now, all you have to do is download and install the EpocCam client for PC or Mac by searching it on Google.
- Once the client is installed on your Mac or PC, go back to your iPhone and launch the EpocCam app.
- Upon launch, the app will take a few seconds to search for your computer via Wi-Fi and start automatic setup. (Note that both iPhone and Mac/PC should be on the same Wi-Fi network)
- That’s it, in this way, you can use your iPhone 14 camera as a webcam on your Mac or PC.
That is everything you need to know about how to use your iPhone 14 camera as a webcam on Mac or PC. While you are here, do not forget to check out other similar types of iPhone 14 Guides: How to Reset Camera Settings of iPhone 14, and How to Blur Photo’s Background in iPhone 14.