A feature of Google Pixel Buds that makes it unique from other wireless earbuds is the ability to translate languages. Although, this feature needs improvisation as the device is unable to recognize accents or long sentences. But it is a very useful tool for small conversations in a foreign langue. Hence, to know how to use the Google Pixel Buds language translation feature, this guide will help you out.
Google Pixel Buds: How to use Language Translation (2023)
To use the Google Pixel Buds language translation feature, follow these steps:
- First pair the Google Pixel Buds to your Android phone from the Bluetooth settings.
- Also, make sure you have installed the latest version of the Google Assistant and Google Translate apps from the Play Store app on your device.
- Now press and hold the right earbud and say ‘OK Google, help me speak [foreign language name]’.
- The Google Translate app will open on your Android phone.
- Keep holding the finger on the earbud and speak the phrase and remove the finger.
- The phrases will be translated into the foreign language you want to speak and the sentence will be shown in the chosen foreign language on your screen that you can use to communicate with the foreign individual.
- Press and hold the purple button on your smartphone’s screen when the foreigner is speaking to translate the phrases into English.
- You will hear the same sentence on your Google Pixel Buds in English and both language translations will be written on your Android device’s screen.
Errors in Translating a Langague on Google Pixel Buds
Even though this language translating feature on Google Pixel Buds is useful for communication in a foreign language, there are many improvements needed to minimize the errors. Hence, here are some points to make your translation with the least errors:
- The Google Translate app cannot distinguish between the accents that can give you errors often. Hence, we recommend having a conversation without slang or complex words while using the software.
- You need a stable internet connection for the software to run smoothly.
- Make sure the sentences are short and crisp as Google Translate becomes less accurate when translating long sentences or paragraphs.
- Use the translator in a silent place away from disturbances to prevent any misinterpretation.
With these points, you should have the least problems using the language translation on Google Pixel Buds. Also, don’t forget to check out our other guides on How to fix and pair Both Google Pixel Buds or How to turn off Google Assistant.