Android Auto is a feature that allows users to connect their Android smartphones to compatible cars and enjoy the functionality of certain applications directly on the vehicle’s dashboard. Until recently, when connecting the smartphone to Android Auto, the Google Maps application was automatically disabled on the mobile phone, which made it impossible for the user to interact with the map on the cell phone. Now, among the compatible applications is Google Maps, which can be accessed by the car and used as a GPS. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to use Google Maps with Android Auto.
How to use Google Maps on a Phone While Connected to Android Auto
Google Maps can be opened on mobile phones even while Android Auto is connected to the car. This means that the user can use Google Maps on the smartphone to search for routes, add stops or search for information about places of interest while the map is being displayed on the vehicle’s dashboard.
The latest update is especially useful in situations where the user needs to interact with the map in more detail, such as when looking for a specific location in a neighborhood or checking information about a stop on a long trip.
- To use Google Maps on your phone while Android Auto is connected, simply open the Google Maps app on your phone and follow the onscreen instructions to navigate the map.
- It is important to remember that some functionality, such as voice navigation, will still be exclusive to Android Auto.
Accessing Google Maps via Smartphone’s browser
- First, plug in your Android smartphone to your car’s infotainment system by using a cable or wirelessly using the Android Auto application.
- After that launch the Google Maps on your car’s screen.
- Open the web version of Google Maps on your Android smartphone on a web browser like Google Chrome.
- That’s it, in this way, you can access Google Maps on your car’s screen using Android Auto and search for all the navigational functions.
That is everything you need to know about how to use Google Maps with Android Auto. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How to Disable Android Auto on Android Phone or Car, and How to Auto Reply to Text on Android Auto While Driving.