ChatGPT is a powerful and versatile chatbot framework that allows you to create engaging and natural conversations with users. One of the features that make ChatGPT stand out is its ability to use plugins, which are modules that extend the functionality and capabilities of the chatbot. However, many users might be unaware of this feature, and if you are curious to know how to use ChatGPT plugins, this guide will help you.
ChatGPT: How to get and use Plugins (2023)
Currently, ChatGPT plugins are in the testing phase and the only way you can access them is by joining the waitlist, and this is how you can do it:
- On your device web browser, visit the ChatGPT plugins waitlist page and click the ‘Join plugins waitlist’ button.
- Then the ‘Join waitlist’ form page will open.
- Finally, fill out the details and click the ‘Join the waitlist’ button.
- Once, users go through the review of your waitlist request, they will give you access to the ChatGPT plugins if they feel you are a suitable candidate.
Tips for getting accepted faster on Waitlist
- The users who are using ChatGPT Plus might have higher chances of getting accepted on the waitlist first.
- Also, it is essential to provide a valid reason why you want to try new plugins that must sound genuine.
- If you are curious to use ChatGPT add-ons, you can try using third-party add-ons like Ghostwriter, which helps you integrate ChatGPT with Microsoft Word.
Can you Create your ChatGPT extensions?
At current, only a limited number of users or developers can create their own plugins. You can join the waitlist and wait until your turn comes to create your own plugins. Alternatively, if you have some knowledge of programming, you can create your own extension using ChatGPT API.
That’s everything covered on How to use ChatGPT plugins. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word or How to use ChatGPT on Bing and Microsoft Edge.