If you want to cancel the pairing between iPhone and Apple Watch, you can act from one or the other device. If you are also looking to sell your Apple Watch, then unpairing it with your iPhone becomes necessary. However, sometimes the iPhone is not available, so you might be wondering “how do I unpair Apple Watch without the iOS device”? Well, in this guide, we will explain how to unpair an Apple Watch even without an iPhone.
Steps to Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone (2023)
If you are having an iPhone, then unpairing your Apple Watch becomes very easy: you just have to open the Apple Watch app, tap the device icon, then open its information and finally tap Unpair Apple Watch. But if you don’t have your iPhone at hand, don’t worry, you can proceed in this alternative way.
How to reset Apple Watch
To reset an Apple Watch, follow the steps given below:
- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset → and tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your Apple ID and password if asked.
- If you have a GPS + Cellular model, you will be asked whether to keep or deactivate your cellular subscription.
- Confirm by tapping Erase All and wait a few minutes.
- At the end of the process, the device will be reset to factory settings. Any PIN codes will be reset.
How to disconnect Apple Watch without iPhone
If you do not disconnect the Apple Watch directly from the Settings app, it does not disable the activation lock or create an automatic backup. As long as Activation Lock is activated, a new user cannot set up the clock. Therefore, you need to go to iCloud.com on your computer to disable it, here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch
- Then go to General and then Reset.
- Tap Erase all content and settings. Then enter the password (if enabled) and press Continue to confirm.
- Once the reset process is complete, you can go to iCloud.com on your computer and disable the activation lock.
- You will need to sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click Settings and select Apple Watch under My Devices.
- Click the “X” next to Apple Watch to remove it. You must click Remove to confirm.
- That’s it, finally, you have disconnected your Apple Watch without your iPhone.
That is everything you need to know about how to unpair Apple Watch without iPhone. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How to Set Up and Use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, and the List of Best Apple Watch Faces.