There are several ways to block a contact using a phone number on iOS devices. After blocking a particular contact on iPhone, that contact cannot call, text, or FaceTime you. If you want to reverse the process, then it is quite simple. The instructions in this article apply to the iOS 12 version and later. The functionality is similar for all currently supported iOS versions. In this guide, let us now see together how to unblock numbers on an iPhone.
How to Unblock Numbers on iPhone (2023)
If you have previously blocked contacts on your iPhone, here are the steps to remove that block so that the contact can call you as well as send you messages:
- First, on your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- After that go to Phone.
- Next, you need to press the Call Blocking & Identification option.
- In the Blocking & Identification list, swipe right to left on the contact number and then tap Unblock.
- That’s it, you have now finally unblocked the number on your iPhone.
How to Unblock Numbers in your Contact List
If the blocked number belongs to someone in your contact list, you can easily unblock the number from the list by following the procedure given below:
- First, launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- After that go to the Contacts tab.
- Next, search for any contact that you want to unblock and open it.
- Go to the bottom of the back and tap on the “Unblock this Caller” option.
- That’s it, you have now unblocked the number from the contact list on your iPhone.
How to Unblock a Number with the Telephone Company
It is a very quick and straightforward method to use the built-in iOS features to block a contact on iPhone, but it is not the only way to block numbers. There are many phone companies that offer some kind of a service, sometimes for a fee, sometimes for free, that you can use to block phone numbers. So, if you have blocked phone numbers using a telephone company service, then the steps given above will not work for you. This only apply to numbers blocked on your Apple device using iOS features.
If you have used your phone company’s call blocking service and want to unblock a number, you have to call the phone company or try its online help or iPhone app (if available). The telephone company will then unblock the number for you.
That is all you need to know about how to unblock numbers on an iPhone. While you are here, you might be also interested to know our other guides – How to Block Websites in Safari on iPhone and iPad, and How to Block Spam Calls on iPhone.