With the introduction of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 or later versions, comes another novelty, a function to block background noise and isolate the voice. The result is the clearest call you have ever made on your iPhone smartphone. Apple has built a noise isolation feature to make audio during a call more intelligible. In this guide, you will learn how to turn on voice isolation on your iPhone with FaceTime in detail below.
iPhone: How to Turn ON Voice Isolation with FaceTime (2023)
With iOS 15 and later, FaceTime settings are now conveniently accessible from Control Center as well, and it is accessed after opening the FaceTime app, or after starting a FaceTime call. To enable Voice Isolation on iPhone with FaceTime, follow the steps given below:
- During a FaceTime conversation, swipe from the top-right corner of the screen (or bottom-up if you have an iPhone with Touch ID) to open Control Center.
- Tap the Microphone button.
- Select the Voice Isolation.
Enable Voice Isolation on iPhone during Calls
- First of all, ensure that you have installed iOS 16.4 on your iPhone.
- After that start a phone call.
- At the time of the call, you need to access the Control Center by swiping down diagonally from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Mic Mode” button at the top right.
- Finally, tap on the Voice Isolation option.
In general, the feature works fairly well, but because it’s based on machine learning built into the latest Apple processors, it’s only available on iPhones and iPads with the A12 Bionic chip or later. On Mac, however, it works from 2018 models and later.
Sound isolation is especially useful during multiperson meetings because it limits harsh or jarring sound, headphone reverberations, and audio overlays.
That is everything you need to know about how to turn on voice isolation on your iPhone with FaceTime. If you are looking for similar types of iPhone Guides, check out our other articles only on our website TechNClub.com: How to Set Up and Use Amazon’s Alexa Voice Assistant on iPhone, and How to Unlock iPhone Using Voice Commands.