Siri is the virtual assistant of all Apple-branded devices, obviously starting with the iPhone. In reality, both on the smartphone and on the iPad tablet, it is also possible to rely on others, such as Google Assistant and Alexa. Amazon is probably one of the most popular in Europe and the USA too thanks to the wide adoption of devices such as Echo and Fire TV Stick. Pairing an iPhone with an Amazon smart speaker via Bluetooth is quite simple. In this guide, I will explain to you how to set up and use Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant on your iPhone.
How to Set Up and Use Amazon Alexa app on iPhone (2023)
To set up and use the Alexa voice assistant of Amazon on your iPhone, the procedures require the use of the free Amazon Alexa app, so first download the app from the App Store and then follow the steps below.
- Launch Amazon Alexa on your iPhone and allow the app to use Bluetooth (Alexa needs Bluetooth access to set up or connect to some devices). To do this, click on “Ok” in the message that appears in the pop-up on the first launch.
- Log in using your Amazon account credentials. If you don’t have one, you can create it with a tap on the “Create a new Amazon account” button.
- Once you have accepted the terms and conditions, choose “Yes” on the screen that offers you to configure a device.
- Confirm your identity to the application and then choose whether to allow the assistant to access your contact list (in this way you can make calls with a voice command).
- Complete the activation by following the on-screen prompts. For example, you can “teach” your voice assistant to recognize your voice.
- You can also do it later.
- Alternatively, you can say “Alexa” or press the button with the voice assistant symbol. If you don’t want to say the request aloud, you can write it down.
Add the Alexa widget to the Home Screen
If you use or plan to use Alexa on a frequent basis, it might be a good idea to add a widget to your Home Screen.
- Pressing for about 1 second anywhere without an app on the Home allows you to change the screen. Alternatively, a long tap on any app will allow you to access the “Edit Home screen” item.
- Press on the “+” icon in the upper left, then on the Amazon Alexa widget.
- Add it to the Home and place it where you prefer.
Pairing iPhone to an Amazon device using the Alexa app
- Open the application and go to the “Devices” section.
- Select “Echo & Alexa”.
- From the list of devices, choose the ones you want to use.
Alexa Not Working on iPhone Fixes
Make sure you have followed all the steps listed above. If there are any glitches, try turning off and on Bluetooth again on your iPhone or restarting your smartphone. If you still have problems, try the pairing process again.
That’s all you need to know about how to set set up and use Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant on your iPhone. If you are searching for more iPhone Guides, check out our other articles here: How to use Google Assistant on iPhone with iOS 16, and How to use ChatGPT instead of Siri on iPhone.