It is not a difficult task to deactivate VPN on any device and we will try to explain in detail how to proceed so as to dispel possible doubts. In some cases, disabling VPN could be a requirement but you should think about it very carefully as it could be counterproductive for various reasons. In fact, when you disable VPN, it exposes us to the risk of cyber attacks, a danger that has never been as high as today and against which VPN offers us very important protection. Fortunately, deactivation is not difficult and therefore even less technical users can do it in a few steps. In this guide, you will learn how to turn off VPN on your Android device.
Android: How to Turn Off VPN (2023)
To deactivate or turn off a VPN on your Android device, whether it is a smartphone or a tablet, it is not enough to simply delete the VPN app that you have installed but you need to access the network settings, select the VPN connection, and then delete it. Check out all the steps given below to disable VPN on Android devices.
Method 1: Using Settings App
- Open your Android device’s Settings app.
- Tap Network and Internet and then go to Advanced and find VPNs.
- If you can’t find the setting, search for “VPN”. If you are not able to find it, then it will be better to ask your Android device’s manufacturer and get help.
- Tap Settings next to the VPN you want to disconnect.
- Finally, to disconnect the network, just turn off the VPN.
Method 2: Using the quick settings menu
- Swipe down from the top of your Android device’s screen to open the notification panel.
- Look for the “VPN” button and long-press it.
- Tap on “Disconnect” to disable the VPN.
Method 3: Using the VPN app
- Open the VPN app you are using.
- Look for a toggle switch or “Logout” button.
- Tap on it to disable VPN.
It is important to note that disabling a VPN means that your internet traffic will no longer be encrypted and your online activities will no longer be anonymous. If you are concerned about privacy or security, it is recommended that you only disable your VPN when you are not using the internet or when you are on a trusted network.
That is all you need to know about how to turn off VPN on Android devices. While you are here, you might be also interested to learn about similar types of Android Guides here: How to fix Contacts Getting Disappeared on Android Smartphones, and How to fix Facebook Messenger Not Showing Pictures on Android.