Since the introduction of the Apple Watch Series 5 and later, a new feature came along with it called the Always on Display. This novelty allows you to take a quick look at the smartwatch, without having to perform a wrist lift movement to wake up the watch screen. However, since the Always On Display feature constantly runs in the background when enabled, it will also consume a lot of battery life. Therefore, in this guide, I am going to show you how to turn off the Always-On Display on your Apple Watch.
Apple Watch: How to Turn Off Always-On Display
There is no doubt that the Always On Display mode is the best feature of the Apple Watch that anybody can get compared to other smartwatches. But along with it, comes a negative point as well which concerns the autonomy of the Apple Watch, as it will eat up the battery faster in this mode. However, if you would like to disable the same mode and get a better battery life out of your Apple Watch, here’s what you can do. There are two methods that you can use to turn off the Always On Display on your Apple Watch:
1. Using iPhone’s Watch app
- First of all, tap on the Watch app to open it on your iPhone.
- Then go to “Display & Brightness”.
- Next, tap on the option of “Always On”.
- Now, switch the toggle to off (it will turn from green to gray color) to disable Always-On Display.
2. Disable Always On Display on Apple Watch
- First, tap on the Settings app on your Apple Watch to open it.
- Navigate to the bottom and then select the “Display & Brightness” option.
- Go to the bottom again, and then tap on the “Always On” option.
- Simply tap on the “Always On” toggle button to turn it off, (again the green color will be changed into gray).
That is everything there is to know about how to turn off the Always-On Display on Apple Watch. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How to Fix Apple Watch Series 8 Stuck on Apple Logo, and How To Pair Apple Watch To New iPhone Without Having Old Phone.