Did you recently purchase a new iPhone and want to pair it with your Apple Watch without using your old smartphone? Well, do not worry, in this article, you will find out how to connect your Apple Watch with your new iPhone quickly and easily. Just follow this guide and the complete step-by-step methods given below to use your Apple Watch with your new iPhone without any issues.
Apple Watch: How to Pair It to New iPhone (2022)
If you’ve just bought an iPhone and would like to pair it with your Apple Watch but can’t, don’t worry as there are many people who have the same problem as you.
In fact, the problem is very simple: you can’t pair it because you first have to disconnect your Apple Watch from your old iPhone, otherwise you will never be able to pair it with the new iPhone.
Here’s how to pair Apple Watch to New iPhone without having an old iPhone:
- First of all, you need to reset the Apple Watch. To do that, on your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > scroll down and tap on Reset. Then tap on Erase All Content and Settings > tap Erase All or Erase All & Keep Plan.
- Next, set up the new iPhone (if you haven’t already) and log into iCloud.
- Open the Watch app on the new iPhone, then connect your Apple Watch with the new iPhone.
- Now perform a restore from a backup. Always check that your iPhone and Apple Watch are up to date, because if they are not, you may not see the backup in the list. Remember that if you use iCloud on iOS 11 and later, your Health and Activity data is stored in iCloud and automatically updated on devices currently logged in with the same Apple account.
- If you are prompted to restore from a watch backup, select the most recent backup.
- If you don’t have a backup, you need to set up your Apple Watch as new.
- Follow the steps to complete the setup.
- That’s it, you have now finally paired your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
That is all you need to know about how to connect your Apple Watch to a new iPhone without having an old iPhone. While you are here, do check out our other guides on How to Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone, and How to Set Up Emergency SOS on Apple Watch.