The Taskbar on a Windows computer has been a great help to all of us. With Windows 11, the Taskbar looks completely different, thanks to its center alignment and some added default app icons. Many Windows 11 users have tried to customize the Taskbar in all possible ways. On Windows 11, you can change the alignment of the Taskbar, manage what apps you see on it, and even configure its appearance settings. In this guide, we will show you how to make the Taskbar transparent on Windows 11.
How to Get a Transparent Taskbar on Windows 11?
Making the Taskbar transparent on your Windows 11 PC is as easy as anything. Follow these steps to change the way the Taskbar looks on your Windows system:
- Press the ‘Windows + I’ shortcut keys to open the Settings App.
- Go to Personalization > Colors.
- Turn on the toggle bar for ‘Transparency effects’.
When you enable the ‘Transparency effects’ toggle bar, the Taskbar will turn slightly transparent on your Windows 11 device. But, you may still not be satisfied with the results as it doesn’t change the Taskbar fully. So, move on to the next method.
Increase Windows 11 Taskbar Transparency
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Visual effects.
- Turn on the toggle for ‘Transparency effects’.
This should increase the clarity of the Taskbar on Windows 11. To see through the Taskbar more clearly, here’s the last method that you should use.
Make Taskbar More Transparent from Registry Editor
- Open the Start Menu and search for ‘Registry Editor’.
- Open the Registry Editor app from the search results.
- Click the address bar at the top, copy/paste this location – “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced”.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Right-click the empty space on the right pane.
- Select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Rename this new value as ‘UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency’.
- Double-click this newly created value.
- Under ‘Value data’, type ‘1’.
- Click ‘Ok’.
- Click the address bar again and navigate to this location – “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM”.
- On the right pane, find ‘ForceEffectMode’.
- Double-click ‘ForceEffectMode’ and change the value to ‘1’ as explained earlier.
- If you’re unable to find this value, simply create one and name it ‘ForceEffectMode’.
That’s it! This is how you can make the Taskbar transparent on Windows 11. Each method that you follow will give you a certain level of transparency. So if you need to make the Taskbar clearer, use all three methods that we mentioned above on your Windows 11 PC. If you need just a slight change on your Taskbar, any single method will make it a bit see-through. Here are some other guides that will help you to customize the Taskbar more on Windows 11: Hide Windows 11 Taskbar Automatically and Windows 11: How to Make Taskbar Smaller.