If you want to customize Windows 11 as you see fit, then the following tips should help you out. If you have more icons to display, Windows will automatically hide them behind an arrow in the Taskbar corner or System Tray. It is also possible to drag and drop icons directly or you can even choose what icons you want to display on it. If you wish, you can also stack icons to show more icons in the Notification area on Windows 11. In this guide, I will show you how to stack notification icons on the Taskbar corner in Windows 11.
How to Show Notification Area icon in Stack View on Windows 11
The notification area of Windows 11 can be found in the lower right corner of the screen, which is located next to the taskbar. You can view various items here such as system and application icons, and also the time, current date, and more.
If there are too many application icons, then it will be lodged in the overflow menu which you can see by a small up arrow. In any case, if you wish, you can show the notification area icons in the stack view on Windows 11 in two or three rows rather than hiding them in the overflow menu. Here’s the step on how to do it.
- First of all, you need to simultaneously press Windows + R keys together on your keyboard and open the Run dialog box.
- Type “Regedit” without the quotes and press Enter key or press OK.
- A new window of Registry Editor will open.
- Under Registry Editor, go to the following key:
- After that double click on the Settings value and Modify it.
- A new window of Edit Binary Value will pop up, here you need to double click on the value 01 of the FE column and row 28 and type 02 to stack the icons in two rows or type 03 to stack the icons in three rows.
- Next, click on the OK button to save the changes.
Note: If you want to unstack the icons and therefore return to the default value, replace the value 02 or 03 of the FE column and line 28 with the value 01.
- Finally, you have to restart Windows Explorer to check out the changes that you have made.
That is everything you need to know about how to stack notification icons on the Taskbar corner in Windows 11. If you are interested in more Windows 11 Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides on How to Enable New Task Manager on Windows 11, and How to Fix Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working Issues.