WhatsApp is one of the best platforms to share information with friends and family. The best part about WhatsApp is that it is free. However, the only thing that most of its users are upset about is sharing media files through the app. WhatsApp compresses the quality of the image and videos which is very annoying for many users across the globe. However, there are a few workarounds through which you can share high-quality images and videos. Check out the guide below to find out how to send High-Resolution photos in WhatsApp.
Ways to Send High-Resolution Photos in WhatsApp
There are a total of 3 ways through which you can send High-Resolution images in WhatsApp. The methods are the same for iPhone, Android, and Whatsapp Web users. Here are the ways through which you can send high-quality photos through WhatsApp.
1. Set Media Upload Quality
WhatsApp has introduced this new feature where users can send high-resolution images. However, this method will take up a large amount of data to send high-quality photos and videos. So make sure to use this method only if you have a WI-FI or huge amount of data. Here are the steps to set Media Upload Quality.
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select ‘Media upload quality’.
- Then, select the Best Quality option.
That’s it, now you will be able to send high-resolution images through WhatsApp. Yet, the app still hinders the original quality of the image. To send images in a more better way follow on to the next method.
2. Send the Image as a Document
This is one of the best ways currently to send images in high resolution. Follow the steps given below.
- Open the WhatsApp conversation of the contact you want to share the image with.
- Then, tap on the attachment icon located near the camera icon.
- Select on the ‘Document’ option.
- Search the image or video that you want to send.
- Then, select the image and tap on Send.
The image or video will be sent in the form of a document with the original quality of the image intact.
3. Send High-Resolution Photos by sharing a Google Drive or iCloud link
- This method can be used if you want to share a large amount of high-resolution photos using WhatsApp.
- Select and upload the images to Google Drive or create an iCloud library.
- Copy the link and paste it on the Whatsapp conversation of your choice.
That’s it, these were the ways to send high-resolution photos in WhatsApp. If you found this guide useful then check out our other articles like How to Create AI-Generated Stickers on WhatsApp and Create WhatsApp Avatars – Here Is How? on TechnClub.