The Photos app on iPhone is a powerful application that lets you organize, edit, and share your photos and videos easily and smartly. With the Photos app, you can access all your pictures from any Apple device with iCloud Photos, which automatically syncs and updates them. But the real gem is the ability to search for your favorite images thanks to the intelligent search function which recognizes faces, places, and events in your images. Here’s a guide on how to search for photos on your iPhone 14 by faces, places, or events.
iPhone 14: How to Search for Photos by Faces, Places, or Events (2023)
On Mac, you just have to click “People” in the left column to search for any photos, but on the iPhone, however, just select Albums > People, there you will find the faces recognized by the app in the photos, and just click on them to assign them a name. If the system asks you to add additional photos for a face, it means it’s not sure if it’s that person, so you will need to help it refine the recognition. Here are the steps to search for photos on iPhone 14 by faces, places, or events:
- In the People album, tap the desired person.
- Tap Select, then the Show Faces option to view only the faces of the people in each photo.
- Tap the photos that don’t match the person you want.
- Tap the Share button and tap “It’s not [Name]”.
To add someone to the People album, follow the steps below:
- Open a photo of the person to add.
- Tap the Info “i” button and then tap the person’s face with a question mark.
- Tap Add Named Tag and type the person’s name, or tap their name if it appears.
- Tap Next and then Finish to complete.
Assign a place
Every time you take a photo, iPhone writes down information about the location and time it was taken. For any photo and video on the iPhone, you can edit the information in the metadata; therefore date, time, and location, here’s how it is done:
- Open the photo or video you want to edit, then tap the More Options “…” button. If you want, you can change the position of a group of photos, then just tap Select, then select all the thumbnails you want to edit, before proceeding.
- Tap Adjust location.
- Enter the updated information, then tap Adjust.
Once you have named faces, you can use this information for searches. The Photos app organizes pictures of people in the People album. In there, you’ll find the face thumbnail for each person the device recognizes.
To find a specific contact, do the following:
- Open the Photos app.
- Touch the Albums tab.
- Tap the People album.
If you named someone in the Photos app, you can also find them in the Search tab. Just tap the magnifying glass icon and type the person’s name. To browse photos by location, however, just follow the steps below:
- Tap Albums, then tap the Places album.
- Choose Map or Grid view.
- Note: Only photos and videos containing location information are displayed.
That’s all there is to know about how to search for photos on your iPhone 14 by faces, places, or events. For more iPhone 14 Tips and Tricks, check out similar types of guides only on our website TechNClub.com: Best Tripod for iPhone 14 for Shooting, and How to Mass Delete Apps from iPhone 14.