Are you looking to sell your Apple Watch or give it to a relative or a friend, or even recycle it and use the new series of the smartwatch? Well, before doing the same, it is always a good idea to unpair and delete all the data on your Apple Watch, so that others cannot misuse it in the future and create a problem for you. Hence, in this guide, I will show you how to remove or unlink your Apple Watch from the Apple ID or Account seamlessly.
Apple Watch: How to Remove or Unlink from Apple ID or Account (2022)
There is an easy method to unlink or remove your Apple Watch from your Apple account if you want to gift your smartwatch to someone else or even sell it, just follow the steps given below:
- First of all, keep your iPhone and Apple Watch close to each other.
- Then, on your iPhone, tap on the Watch app to open it.
- Tap on the My Watch tab at the bottom of the screen in the left corner.
- Tap on your Apple Watch at the top.
- Next, tap on the “i” icon which is located to your watch name.
- Now, tap on the “Unpair Apple Watch” option.
- Again, tap on the “Unpair (Your Name) Apple Watch” option.
- If prompted for your Apple ID passcode then enter it and tap on Unpair again to finish the procedure.
- Then, go to the My Watch tab again.
- Go to General.
- Go to the bottom and tap on the Reset option.
- Finally, tap on the “Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings” option and also the “Remove All Cellular Plans” option.
Backup your Apple Watch
You read it correctly, before selling or resetting your Apple Watch, it is strongly recommended to back up the smartwatch to which it is paired. This is because every Apple Watch backup includes one from the iPhone. Thus, we recommend that you back up your smartwatch either to iCloud or through iTunes on Mac or PC.
That’s everything there is to know about how to remove or unlink Apple Watch from Apple ID or account. While you are here, do not forget to check out our other guides on How to Screenshot on Apple Watch, and How to Pair Apple Watch to New iPhone Without Having Old Phone.