If you are a new iPhone user, setting up the device might be tricky. So you might want to start with very basic inserting or removing a SIM card on your iPhone. Additionally, when you try to remove the SIM card on your iPhone, there’s a risk of damaging your device, or you might lose your data. Since every iPhone model has different sets of procedures to remove a SIM card, this guide has all details you need for the same.
iPhone: How to Remove SIM Card on any Device (2023)
To remove the SIM card on any iPhone, follow these Workarounds:
1. On iPhone 12 and above Models
- Firstly, find the SIM tray on the left side of your iPhone. It is a small slot with a hole in it.
- Insert the SIM ejector tool into the hole and gently push until the tray pops out.
- If you don’t have a SIM ejector tool, you can use a paperclip instead.
- Now pull out the tray and take out the SIM card.
- Be careful not to touch the metal contacts on the card or the tray.
- If you want to insert a new SIM card, place it in the tray with the same orientation as the old one.
- Make sure it fits securely.
- Slide the tray back into the slot and push it until it clicks into place.
- Now restart your iPhone by pressing and releasing the volume buttons alternatively.
- Then quickly press the side button until the Apple logo appears.
2. On iPhone X & iPhone 11 series Models
- Insert the SIM ejector tool or the paperclip into the hole near the SIM tray which is on the right side.
- This will open the SIM tray, pull it out and take out the SIM card.
- Insert the new SIM card in the empty slot.
- Then insert the tray into your iPhone with care.
- Now restart your iPhone by following the above method.
3. On iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and SE Series Models
- Insert the SIM ejector tool which is on the right side of your device, and remove the tray with care.
- Then remove the SIM card and carefully replace it with the new SIM card.
Now restart your iPhone by following these steps:
a. On iPhone 6,7,8, 2nd & 3rd Generation SE Models
- Press and hold the side button which is on the right side of your device until the power-off slider appears.
- Then swipe the slider to the right and wait for 30 seconds to turn off your device.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
b. On iPhone 5 or below Models
- Press and hold the top button until the slider appears on the screen.
- Swipe the slider to the right to turn off your device.
- Wait for 30 seconds and turn on your device by pressing and holding the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
That’s everything covered on how to remove a SIM card on any iPhone. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to use Google Assistant on iPhone with iOS 16 or How to unlock SIM Card on iPhone.