The so-called drift problem has plagued Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons or Controllers since the launch of the hybrid console. Although for the moment Nintendo does not seem willing to officially solve the problem (even though acknowledging its existence), fans have indulged themselves in searching for some solutions to return to playing without problems with their beloved Nintendo Switch. In any case, in this guide, we will tell you how to fix the Nintendo Switch controllers’ Joy-Con drift issues in an economic, easy, and fast way.
Fix: Nintendo Switch Controllers Joy-Con Drift Issues (2023)
Anyone who owns a Nintendo Switch has almost certainly come across the Joy-Con drift problem. Simply put, the pad (usually the left one) misidentifies the neutral position of the analog, resulting in motion detection issues.
Nintendo, while acknowledging the existence of the problem, has never ruled on possible official solutions, leaving the task of solving it to the fans. Among the various amateur guides available, you can follow the methods below that will allow you to bring a second life to a Joy-Con purchased at the launch of the console and afflicted by drifting issues for years now.
How to fix Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Drift Easily and Quickly
To fix the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con drift with this method, you only need two items: a WD-40 Multi-Use Product with SMART STRAW SPRAYS 2 WAYS lubricant and a WD-40 Specialist Contact Cleaner Spray, which are easily available on Amazon. Here are the steps to follow:
- Remove the affected Joy-Con from the Nintendo Switch console.
- Use a thin object (like a toothpick) to gently pry the silicone sleeve off the analog (do not remove it, just lift it slightly).
- Spray the lube into the space you’ve created, just once, no more.
- Rotate the analog for a while and wait 2 minutes.
- Spray the contact cleaner 2-3 times on the bottom of the analog. Light sprays are enough.
- Flick the analog back and forth for about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off excess oil with a cloth.
- Test your Joy-Con. The problem should be gone now.
That is all there is to know about how to fix the Nintendo Switch controllers’ Joy-Con drifting issues. For more Nintendo Switch Troubleshooting Guides, check out our other articles only on our website TechNClub.com: How to Capture Videos on Nintendo Switch, and How to fix Hulu Not Working on Nintendo Switch.