Mojang has been in the news after they merged Minecraft Java and Bedrock Editions for Windows 10. They have now released a merged pack for both games. But, many have doubts if they get one of them for free. If you have the same doubt that you will get Minecraft Java for free on Windows 10 or not, then you are at the right place. In this guide, we have discussed if you can get the Minecraft Java edition for free after purchasing the Windows 10 edition or not. If yes, how to get the free version for your Windows 10? Read the guide to know more.
Do We Get Minecraft Java For Free?
Minecraft – Java Edition has recently collaborated with its Bedrock Edition, to give its users a free version of either one if they have purchased the other one already. You get the one for free only if you have purchased the other one before October 19th, 2018. You can redeem the free version of the game from the official Mojang Website. Along with the game collaborations, you can now cross-play with both games. You can also interchange characters within the game. But, both the games remain individually different in their own identities. To get the free version of either of the games on your Windows 10, read the guide further.
How To Get The Free Version Of Minecraft Java After Purchasing The Windows 10 Edition?
To get the free Minecraft – Java edition, you need to have a Mojang login account or a Microsoft account. Also, you should have purchased one of the games before October 19th, 2018. If you have purchased after the update, then you will not be able to redeem the offer. If you have the older version, follow the steps given below to get the other one for free on your Windows 10:
- First, on your browser, go to Mojang Website.
- Then, on the top-right corner, click on Account.
- On the top of the screen, click on Log-in.
- Then, log in using your credentials for the Mojang Account. Put in your Email ID and Password to go to your existing account.
- Under the Redeem Minecraft: Java Edition option, click on Redeem Java Edition.
- After you click on Redeem option, you will be directed to your Microsoft Account. On your account, you will see a message that “You already own Minecraft – Bedrock Edition” or “You already own Minecraft – Java Edition“, depending on the one that you have already purchased.
- Now, click on the Download button, below the pop-up message. Get both the editions, Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock, purchased for your Windows 10.
- Finally, click on the Open, Launch, or Play button to enjoy both games.
Thus, you have the free Minecraft – Java edition for your PC and also, the Bedrock edition. So, this was how you can get Minecraft Java for free after purchasing the Windows 10 edition. If you want to know more about other games and their fixes on your Windows, refer to these guides – Disable Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 or Fix Minecraft ‘Exit Code: 1’ on Windows.