Many users of iPhone 14 are having some problems with the speakers after updating the smartphone to iOS 16.5.1. Because of this speaker problem, it becomes impossible to listen to music or any other audio files. That is, after the update all functions related to the speaker stopped working. This problem mostly happens only after the update, as previously the sound was working fine without any defect for Apple users. In this guide, I will tell you how to fix iPhone 14 not working after updating to iOS 16.5.1 firmware in detail below.
Fix: iPhone 14 Speaker Not Working After Updating to iOS 16.5.1
The cause of iPhone speakers not working or playing sound may be related to the device’s software or hardware. That is, it can be related to system settings, with just one application, or affect the entire device. Check out some tips below that cover almost all the fixes to solve the issue and make the iPhone speakers work again without any issues.
- Check the iPhone audio toggle switch. It is responsible for keeping the entire device in Silent Mode. For that, you can check the physical key on the left side of the device: if the orange color appears, slide the key to the other side.
- Use the volume knob to adjust the audio. Although it seems obvious, many times an application can change the volume of the device and confuse the user.
- Clean the audio outputs and remove possible obstacles that interfere with the speaker output, such as cover, skins, and other props. A good tip is to clean the speaker and sound receiver with a soft, clean, dry bristle brush.
- Disable the device’s Focus mode, it may be related to muting audio and alert. To do this, open the Control Center and tap on Focus Mode to return to default.
- Turn off the device’s Bluetooth, it may be paired with another audio device. Open the Settings app, enter “Bluetooth” and disable the feature.
- If only one app is not making sound, check your private audio settings. Often, a stream or game can offer its own audio tweaks.
- Restart iPhone, this can resolve bugs and other software-related issues.
- Keep apps and iPhones always up to date. To check, just go to the Settings app, go to “App Store” and turn on “App Updates”. For iOS updates, just go to “General” > “Software Update”.
- If the problem still persists, reset your iPhone. Enter the Settings app, go to “General” > “Transfer or Reset iPhone” > “Reset All Settings”. This process will not erase your data, however, it is recommended that you back up your device.
That’s all there is to know about how to fix iPhone 14 speaker not working after updating to iOS 16.5.1. While you are here, you might be also interested in similar types of iPhone Guides: Fix “Home” Would Like To Send You Critical Alerts on iPhone, and How to Connect Two AirPods to One iPhone and Watch Movie Together.