Do you want to sync two pairs of Airpods to the same iPhone and share the same sound, here we will explain to you the step-by-step method to do that. iOS 13 and later versions have many new features, some are more useful than others on a daily basis, but we think in particular of the audio-sharing function between two pairs of AirPods. This allows the sound of an iOS device to be shared between two pairs of headphones. In this guide, we will tell you how to connect two AirPods to one iPhone and watch a movie together.
How to Connect Two AirPods to One iPhone (2023)
There are two ways to pair two pairs of AirPods to one iPhone, namely an automatic method and a manual method. The automatic method requires both devices to be running iOS 13 or later versions of the Apple operating system, while the manual method just requires iOS 13 or later updates for the device that is sharing the audio.
- If a user is watching a movie on their iPad, and their friend brings their iPhone running iOS 13 (to which the AirPods are connected) close to the tablet.
- A window then appears on the iPad, asking the user if they want to share the audio with someone or cancel the action.
- Pressing the share button sends the sound to a second pair of headphones (AirPods or PowerBeats Pro).
- Both users can independently change the volume of their headphones.
This method can be used as a backup solution if the automatic pairing does not work, or if the second person is still under the old iOS 12 version.
- First, connect your AirPods to your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- On the second pair of AirPods, press and hold the pairing button on the case.
- The second pair of AirPods then appears in the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Tap on it to connect them.
Now both AirPods will be connected to the same device running iOS 13 or later versions, and audio will be sent to both pairs of AirPods. However, in this method, changing the volume for both pairs of AirPods is done on the device that is sharing the sound. This is a fairly practical function for trips with friends, and couples, or even for watching a video together on public transport.
That is everything you need to know about how to connect two AirPods to one iPhone and watch a movie together. While you are here, check out similar types of AirPods Guides only on our website TechNClub.com here: How to Fix Unclear Voice on AirPods Mic, and How to Know If My AirPods Pro is Original Apple Product.