If you are looking for a way to use ChatGPT without saving your chat history or training the AI model, you should know about the latest in the incognito mode feature. For the same, this guide will explain everything about incognito mode, and ways to use it to safeguard your privacy.
What is Incognito Mode on ChatGPT and How to Use it?
Incognito mode is a new option for ChatGPT that allows you to chat with the AI without storing your conversations. Also, this mode restricts ChatGPT from using your data for model training. This means that your chats will be more private and less likely to be leaked or accessed by others. Incognito mode also prevents the AI from learning from your inputs, which can be useful if you want to avoid influencing the model with your personal data or preferences.
Turn on Incognito Mode
To turn on incognito mode, simply follow these simple steps:
- Firstly log in to your Open AI account on the ChatGPT webpage.
- Then click the three dots next to your profile from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Then click the ‘Show’ button next to the ‘Data Controls’ tab.
- Finally, turn off the ‘Chat History & Training’ toggle by clicking on it.
- You will see a “chats won’t be saved in your history or used for training our models to improve ChatGPT” message on the left sidebar.
Will Search Engine Incognito Mode restricts from saving Chat History?
Only if you enable incognito mode within the ChatGPT app or website your chat history will not be saved. However, you can restrict the cookies used by Open AI using incognito mode. Hence, if you are too concerned about your privacy, you should use ChatGPT in incognito mode on both the website and search engines.
That’s everything you need to know about the incognito mode on ChatGPT. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to turn off chat history from ChatGPT or How to use ChatGPT instead of Siri on iPhone.