Starting with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 and later versions of the Apple operating systems, you will actually be able to make single or group FaceTime calls even with Android users and even if they are not subscribed to the service. It’s not really a FaceTime feature for Android, but rather a solution similar to the Zoom application. When you want to talk in video or audio with users outside the Apple ecosystem, just send them the video conference link. But it won’t open an app like in Zoom, instead, the browser will suffice. Read the complete guide below to FaceTime Android users in iOS 15.
iOS 15: How to FaceTime Android Users (2023)
If you want to FaceTime Android and Windows PC users, the only requirement is that the FaceTime conversation should be started by an iPhone or iPad user updated to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 or later versions, or on a Mac updated to macOS 12 Monterey or later. Check out the method given below to make a FaceTime call with Android and Windows users.
Make FaceTime Calls with Android and Windows users
To have FaceTime conversations with users on non-Apple platforms, just follow the steps below:
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Touch the Create Link icon.
- Touch Add Name to assign a recognizable name to the video conference (for example “Dinesh’s Birthday”)
- Select a link-sharing method: mail, SMS, WhatsApp, Telegram, and so on.
- As soon as Android and Windows users click the link, a web page will open prompting them to enter their name; after which they will be included in the conversation and will have the usual Mute, Video Disable, Flip Camera, Options, and Leave the call buttons available.
Likewise, you cannot make FaceTime calls between two Android devices. In short, the presence of at least one Apple device is still required. There are no filters and it is not possible to obtain a call history, since the interface is limited to what is strictly necessary, i.e. the inclusion of a user in the conversation.
Despite these limitations, FaceTime’s interface is very intuitive and easy to use. Once you receive the video call URL you will come to a screen asking you to enter a nickname, you don’t need to have an Apple ID. Once you join the call, you will have the basic features for communicating on FaceTime: turn the camera and audio on or off, choose your input, and exit the call.
That is all you need to know about how to FaceTime Android users in iOS 15. In the meantime, do not forget to check out other similar types of iPhone Guides here: How to Use FaceTime on Windows PC, and How to Turn ON Voice Isolation on iPhone with FaceTime.