There is no doubt that the Apple Watch is one of the most popular smartwatches available in the market compared to the Samsung Galaxy Watch. The Apple smartwatch comes with a lot of features, including a health app that monitors your heart rate and other workouts, a smart connection with other iOS devices like the iPhone or iPad, etc. But, there are many users who are concerned about the battery life of the Apple Watch. In this article, I will tell you in detail how long it takes to charge Apple Watch 7 and Series 8 smartwatches.
How Long Does the Apple Watch 7 and Series 8 Take to Charge (2023)
Below you will find out how long Apple Watch 7 and Series 8 should take to charge, as per the official Apple documents:
- Apple Watch Series 8: According to Apple’s official document, the Apple Watch Series 8 smartwatch takes 45 minutes of charging time to reach 0% to 80% of charge, and 75 minutes of charging time to reach 0% to 100% of charge, all by using the new USB-C fast charging cable.
- Apple Watch Series 7: Apple also states that the Apple Watch Series 7 smartwatch takes the same amount of charging time similarly like the Series 8 smartwatch, that is: 45 minutes of charging time to reach 0% to 80% of charge, and 75 minutes of charging time to reach 0% to 100% of charge, all by using the new USB-C fast charging cable.
Apple Watch Battery Life
As per the initial reports by Apple, all its smartwatches can continue to work for 18 hours a day, however, this battery life varies depending on how you use the watch. The battery can last up to 18 hours by checking the time 90 times and seeing notifications 90 times with app usage and tracking your exercise while listening to music for an hour. Also, the watch can play music from its memory for 11 hours or 8 hours when playing songs on the Internet.
On the other hand, the Apple Watch counts on a power-saving OLED display and the display only lights up when you press it or raise your wrist. But, the watch may consume a higher percentage of power battery in another way, for example, if you exercise regularly and for a long time, the various sensors are used to track your activity and measure oxygen and heart rate. You can also use mobile interfaces that quickly drain the battery. Remember that the full-screen brightness can drain the battery, so there are a few things you should do to preserve battery life as long as possible:
- Avoid leaving unnecessary apps running.
- Disable Background App Refresh.
- Do not use full-screen brightness.
- Use static, non-moving interfaces.
- You can stop activities and processes you don’t need.
- Reduce incoming notifications on the Apple Watch.
- Make sure Power Reserve mode is enabled.
That is all you need to know about how long the Apple Watch 7 and Series 8 take to charge. If you are looking for more similar types of Apple Watch Guides, check out our other articles only on TechNClub.com: How to Check Apple Watch Battery Health, and How to Use Optimized Charge Limit on Apple Watch Ultra.