Is your Apple Watch Series 8 constantly restarting or have you forgotten the access code for the smartwatch? If you are facing one of these situations, then know that a reset or a reboot is to be done. But before proceeding ahead with the factory reset or a system restore, it is also recommended to back up the important data and personal information from your device. After that, follow this guide to hard reset your Apple Watch Series 8 by going through all the steps given below.
Apple Watch Series 8: How to Hard Reset (2023)
You can easily perform a hard reset on your Apple Watch Series 8 either by using your iPhone or directly from your smartwatch. In this article, you will see different ways to reset an Apple Watch: via the Digital Crown (forgotten password), via the Watch Settings app, or via your Apple iPhone.
Method 1: Erase Apple Watch Series 8 using iPhone
- Place your iPhone and Apple Watch Series 8 close to each other.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click on the “My Watch” tab at the bottom left corner.
- Go to General > Reset.
- Tap on the “Erase all content and settings” option. If you are asked for a passcode, then enter it and confirm the Erase option again.
- Finally, after the reset is completed, you can then back up and restore the files when you get the option.
Method 2: Erase Apple Watch Series 8 via the Settings app
- First, go to the Settings app on your Apple Watch Series 8.
- Then, tap on the General option.
- Tap on Reset.
- Select the option of “Erase all content and settings”.
- Finally, type your PIN code to confirm the reset operation.
Method 3: Erase Apple Watch Series 8 via the Digital Crown
- First, you need to press and hold the side button and Digital Crown of the Apple Watch Series 8 for 10-20 seconds.
- Once the Apple Logo shows on the screen, release both buttons.
- That’s it, your Apple Watch Series 8 has been reset following the steps mentioned above. You can then restore the settings when prompted.
That is everything you need to know about how to hard reset your Apple Watch Series 8. If you are interested in more Apple Watch Series 8 Tips and Tricks, then check out our other guides only on TechNClub.com: How to Install Apps on Apple Watch Series 8, and How to Edit Workout on Apple Watch Series 8.