Spotify Premium Family Plan costs $15.99 per month. This sounds a little expensive in terms of buying it for a family (multiple users). But there are a few ways to get this plan for free. The first is by trying a free 30-days trial. The second way is by activating the free trial again but with different accounts. In both cases, you are going to get a free trial of the Spotify Family Plan, where you can try out all the features for free, and opt for paid if interested.
What Is the Family Plan on Spotify:
Just like Netflix and Disney, Spotify too has some premium plans for those users who are willing to pay in order to get some extra features. Spotify’s Family Plan is the most expensive plan on their platform currently and offers these features which are limited to premium users only:
- 6 separate premium accounts for users who live under the same roof.
- Control what you want to listen to and block explicit music.
- Download songs offline and play them even without an internet connection. The limit is up to 10 thousand songs per account.
- Enjoy ad-free music.
- Get access to Spotify Kids which is made specifically for kids.
How To Get Spotify Family Plan For Free?
There are several ways in which you can get the Family plan on Spotify for free or at a discounted price. All these methods are safe to use and offer everything that one gets in the paid plans. Spotify Family Plan is not free forever, but you can sign-up for 30 Days Trial. It will cost you nothing, and you can add up to 6 Family Members in total. But make sure you cancel the subscription to Spotify Family Plan Premium within 30 days or else you will be charged $9.99 per month. Follow the steps mentioned below to activate a 30-days free trial:
- Click here to visit Spotify.com.
- Click on the ‘Premium’ option at the top.
- Next, click on the ‘View Plans’ button on the following screen which is right next to the ‘Get 3 Months Free’ button.
- You will be directed to the section where all the premium plans are explained in detail. Click on the ‘Get Started’ button on the same tile as the ‘Family Plan’.
- You can either continue with your Google, Facebook, or Apple account. You may even use your phone number for the purpose. If you do not have an account on Spotify already, create a new one by clicking on the ‘Sign Up For Spotify’ button at the bottom of the page. Then just follow the on-screen instructions.
- Later, Spotify will ask you to fill in your credentials for the 30-days free trial. Complete the process. Spotify asks you to give your credit card details so that they can charge you once the trial ends. Don’t panic, they will remind you one week prior to the expiry date and you can end the trial within time.
- Yes, you can get a 30-days free trial of the Family Plan on Spotify this easily.
Once you have used the free trial for this plan, you may think that you can’t use it again. For this, you will need a new group of 5 members; 6, including you, and all 6 users must provide the same address to get the 30-days free trial. If you can manage to get 5 people every time your trial expires, you can renew it again. Hope the guide will help, you can also read our article on Download Songs from Spotify without Premium, and how to Spotify Premium for free.