When you try to install an incompatible driver on your Windows 10/11 computer, it is possible that you may get an error message that says “<file name> has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver” followed by an Event ID 1060. This problem happens when you try to install a driver that is not compatible with the operating system that you are using. But worry not, because in this guide, we will tell you how to fix the “Event ID 1060, This driver has been blocked from loading” error on your Windows PC below.
Fix: “Event ID 1060, This driver has been blocked from loading” Error (2023)
You can easily fix the “Event ID 1060, This driver has been blocked from loading” error message on your Windows 11/10 PC by reinstalling the affected driver or else by updating the driver. Below you can check out both methods to resolve the problem you are facing on your computer.
How to Reinstall the Affected Driver
- First of all, right-click on the Start menu.
- Then click on Device Manager to open it.
- In the Device Manager window, search for the device that is showing a yellow exclamation mark, right-click on it, and then select Uninstall device option.
- You will have to tick the checkbox for the “Attempt to remove the driver for this device” option.
- After that select the Uninstall option.
- Finally, restart your PC and in the next boot Windows will automatically search and install the latest driver for it to solve the error.
How to Update the Driver
- First, right-click on the Start menu and then click on Device Manager to launch it.
- In the Device Manager window that opens, right-click on the device that is showing the error and then click on the Update driver option.
- Now you have to select the option “Search automatically for drivers”.
- Finally, Windows will automatically try to download the latest driver and give you the option to install it on your PC.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix “Event ID 1060, This driver has been blocked from loading” error on your Windows 11/10 computer. If you are interested in more Windows 10/11 Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides only on TechNClub.com: How to fix Event ID 10010: The server did not register with DCOM Error, and How to fix Event ID 41 Kernel Power Error on Windows.